[mythtv-users] separate volume for two tuner cards

Chris Purves chris at northfolk.ca
Mon Jan 12 23:56:25 UTC 2009

Hello,

I have two tuner cards in my MythTV server (Hauppauge PVR-150's) and
would like to know how to set separate volume levels since one of the
cards tends to be quieter than the other.

I have in my server crontab:

v4l2-ctl -d /dev/video0 --set-ctrl=volume=63488
v4l2-ctl -d /dev/video1 --set-ctrl=volume=36000

This does what I want; however, when I watch TV the volume levels are
reset by the client to the volume level set in the client configuration.
  I believe that MythTV is not configured to set volume levels for
individual tuner cards, so is there a way to keep the client from
setting volume levels in the first place?

Thanks.

--
"No turning back, my life is like an 8-track." - DecembeRadio