[mythtv-users] HD Homerun questions

Mark Knecht markknecht at gmail.com
Mon Jan 12 16:11:30 UTC 2009

On Mon, Jan 12, 2009 at 7:47 AM, Carl Fongheiser
<carlfongheiser at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Jan 12, 2009 at 9:42 AM, Mark Knecht <markknecht at gmail.com> wrote:
>> I was thinking about getting one to start playing with. I know little
>> about HD so far but I figured this could be a way to start learning. A
>> couple of questions:
>>
>> 1) Does the HD Homerun actually handle 1080p or are you limited to 1080i?
>
> It maxes out at 1080i.  There's no 1080p content on cable or OTA.
>
> Carl Fongheiser

I'm not in Los Angeles but the HD Homerun site says they have some two
1080p channels there. There's nothing I can find in the Bay Area where
I'm located.

The 1080p thing doesn't matter to me today but my dad (in the LA area)
is buying a new 1080p set so I was thinking more about being able to
look at that sort of thing when I'm at his house. (Either buy him an
HDHR or take mine along for visits.)

Is there anything on the market yet, or just announced, that does a
good job of 1080p with Myth?

Thanks,
Mark