[mythtv-users] HD Homerun questions

Mark Knecht markknecht at gmail.com
Mon Jan 12 15:42:17 UTC 2009

I was thinking about getting one to start playing with. I know little
about HD so far but I figured this could be a way to start learning. A
couple of questions:

1) Does the HD Homerun actually handle 1080p or are you limited to 1080i?

2) How much backend CPU power is required to use this device? My
server is underpowered on the CPU side but does close to 60GB/S on the
hard drives. Will this be OK?

   I need to do some thinking about my frontend devices. Currently I
use a couple of underpowered Pundit-R boxes for our regular TVs but a
lot of our watching gets done on PC screens. Will I need to do a lot
of transcoding? One TV is 480p capable and is near the server. Could
the server become a front end and play 480p directly? What sort of
video card would be required for component output? Is there one? The
other is an old Sony SDTV. What do I do there? Any ideas are welcomed.

Thanks,
Mark