[mythtv-users] video capture vie 1394

Dan Ritter dsr-myth at tao.merseine.nu
Mon Jan 12 15:05:24 UTC 2009

On Mon, Jan 12, 2009 at 05:32:43PM +0900, Phil Wild wrote:
> Hi People,
>
> Is this possible? It is not mentioned in the wiki so I am guessing the
> answer is no...

Well, I'm tuning my cable provider's STB via firewire, and
receiving video and audio that way, so sure.

> It would be nice to be able to attach my hi-def dv camera to my soon
> to be built mythtv frontend and capture video.

I don't know if anyone's done that in MythTV, and there wouldn't
be much point to it. There are certainly programs that will
record and edit DV video from FireWire sources. Start with
dvgrab.

-dsr-

You can't defend freedom by getting rid of it.