[mythtv-users] Recording from Sky?

Adam McCarthy ug32axm at cs.bham.ac.uk
Mon Jan 12 06:27:07 UTC 2009

It is possible to take Sky directly into a DVB-S card in both NZ and UK,
and use a CAM to decrypt the stream as long as you have a legitimate
subscriber card.  Unfortunately though this is against Sky's terms and
conditions -- you must use the box which the card was activated in.

The other option is to keep the STB and use a video capture card to capture
the video from the STB.  This site sells serial/usb devices which can
control the digibox: http://www.dusky-control.com/

I'm not doing either though, so I can't comment on how successful either
method is.

Hope this helps,
Adam