[mythtv-users] Asus M3N78-VM SPDIF

Mitch Gore mitchell.gore at gmail.com
Mon Jan 12 03:20:58 UTC 2009

On Sun, Jan 11, 2009 at 9:10 PM, Phil Wild <philwild at gmail.com> wrote:
> 2009/1/12 Allen Edwards <allen.p.edwards at gmail.com>:
>
>>> I am building a new Frontend Backend on this motherboard.  I installed
>>> MythBuntu and its working ok.  I am trying to get digital sound out of
>>> the SPDIF output.  When i open alsamixer i dont get a IEC port to
>>> un-must.

Thats not the issue.  its not there.  We had so many issues we went
back to for a diff board.

Things that didnt work:
1. Mythdora 10 would not install in graphic mode.  had to boot with xdriver=vesa
2. SPDIF didnt work
3. Updating the BIOS caused the system to hard lock

this is all i can remember at this point.  I would recommend NOT
buying this board!

I am not a newbie, been using Myth/Linux for 3 years on several boxes
for prod and dev.

Hope it helps others...
--
Mitchell