[mythtv-users] Asus M3N78-VM SPDIF

Phil Wild philwild at gmail.com
Mon Jan 12 03:10:09 UTC 2009

2009/1/12 Allen Edwards <allen.p.edwards at gmail.com>:

>> I am building a new Frontend Backend on this motherboard.  I installed
>> MythBuntu and its working ok.  I am trying to get digital sound out of
>> the SPDIF output.  When i open alsamixer i dont get a IEC port to
>> un-must.
>>
>> Anyone using this board with digital output?

Hi Allen,

I will be building a frontend based on a very similar board, the Asus M3N78-EM

I had an awful lot of trouble finding a local supplier of this board
(no one had stock) and I now have one on order.

I would be interested in any feedback you can provide once you have
things going.

I was hoping to pass audio and video through HDMI to my receiver.

Cheers

Phil