[mythtv-users] New user - low level hardware and software seem to work, but...

Brad DerManouelian myth at dermanouelian.com
Mon Jan 12 01:13:52 UTC 2009

On Jan 11, 2009, at 5:00 PM, A. F. Cano wrote:

> Hi,

<snipped a bunch of stuff I'm not going to answer>

> I propose a startup test: if mythtv-setup, mythtv or any other
> mythtv program
> for that matter is started from a console the current way is fine,
> but if it
> is started from an xterm/kterm/konsole/etc... or from a menu in kde/
> gnome/X
> it should start in a small window (not take over the whole screen).

bderman at mythtv:~$ mythtv-setup --help
Valid options are:
-display X-server              Create GUI on X-server, not localhost
-geometry or --geometry WxH    Override window size settings
-geometry WxH+X+Y              Override window size and position

Why guess at what "small window" is appropriate when you can just pass
it the exact size you want?