[mythtv-users] Recording from Sky?

Mike Dent mcdent at gmail.com
Sun Jan 11 23:31:44 UTC 2009

Hi,
Currently we have a Mythtv box with 2 x DVB T tuner cards in. This
works fine and serves a good job for terrestrial digital TV
We also have an old Sky receiver and a Tivo, Series 1 (I think). We
use the Tivo to record Sky content.

Recently the Sky box has developed a fault where it puts itself to
standby at random times. When this happens and the Tivo is set to
record
it does not work of course :(

Before I look at the options to get the Sky box replaced I'm wondering
if there is a workable solution for recording/watching Sky with
MythTV?

I'm particularly interested in people who are actually doing this and
the results they are getting, ie does it satisfy your 'other half'
fully? ;)

Many thanks
Mike