[mythtv-users] Anyone working on MythMusic?

Steven Adeff adeffs.mythtv at gmail.com
Sun Jan 11 15:31:24 UTC 2009

On Sun, Jan 11, 2009 at 8:32 AM, OCG Technical Support <support at ocg.ca> wrote:
> MythMusic has become an important feature in my house…but the UI is pretty
> bad.  Is anyone working on a better music manager?
>

> Are there alternative plugins?

The whole of the MythTV UI is being reworked for the next release.
There is also some general work going in to some of the framework to
how MythMusic handles audio files.
I don't believe anyone has taken on the challenge of directly applying
the advanced of the new UI framework, etc to really improve on the
MythMusic experience as of yet though. Feel free to join the dev list
and start working on it if you'd like.

There are a few alternatives that some people have been using (sling,
etc), none of which is all around great, but depending on your needs
may be good. Another option that recently opened up is to run Boxee
from Myth, which to be honest isn't a whole lot better but does have a
slightly prettier and better managed data gathering system that Myth
currently uses so may be what your looking for. It is, of course, in
Alpha, so let that be a warning.

--
Steve
http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/User:Steveadeff