[mythtv-users] mythcommflag cannot connect to server

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Sun Jan 11 13:49:51 UTC 2009

On 01/10/2009 07:43 PM, Scott Bickford wrote:
> I have recently restored my database.  I am trying to run mythcommflag
> --rebuild --all
>
> This is a combined master and frontend system.  Backend is running,
> front end seems to work ok.
> mythbackend.log
>
> 2009-01-10 19:26:51.013 adding: dhcppc1 as a remote file transfer
> 2009-01-10 19:26:51.022 ERROR: LocalFilePath unable to find local path
> for '4294967295_20080716121254.mpg', found

Your channel ID(s) is/was broken, it looks like.

If this was an old recording, then the channel ID may have been broken
before the restore--at which point the filename may actually be the
broken filename above (though it doesn't seem to be as that file doesn't
exist).  If the filename is correct, you probably just need to go to
mythtv-setup and fix all your Storage Groups.

If it was a new recording, your channels are currently broken and you
need to do:
http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/264034#264034 (video
source part, at least, but the caption card part may be required, too).

Note that channel ID's must be unique integers.  (And that manually
hacking the DB is never recommended.)

Mike