[mythtv-users] Kinda dumb quesion re: UPnP & video files

George Nassas gnassas at mac.com
Sat Jan 10 22:12:03 UTC 2009

On 10-Jan-09, at 5:02 PM, Rob Greene wrote:

> Is it possible to use the UPnP server in MythTV to serve video files
> that I've created?  If so, how do I go about it (as in, where do they
> go and how do I get Myth to see them)?

Yes. Place your video files in whatever folder you've configured for
mythvideo and they'll show up with everything else. If you don't use
mythvideo you could try importing them as TV shows
(myth.rebuilddatabase.pl can be handy here).

Alternatively uShare (ushare.geexbox.org) works well for arbitrary
folders.

- George