[mythtv-users] EIT suddenly not filling EPG

Martin Koller m.koller at surfeu.at
Sat Jan 10 18:59:56 UTC 2009

Hi Nick,

thanks a lot for your quick reply!

On Saturday 10 January 2009, Nick Morrott wrote:
> On 10/01/2009, Martin Koller <m.koller at surfeu.at> wrote:
> >  So my question: how can I check or debug why the EIT is not used
> > any longer ?
>
> Do you have active EIT scanning enabled (in mythtv-setup)? If not,
> passive scanning is only carried out whilst the satellite card is
> tuned (recording or watching LiveTV)

yes, active scanning is enabled.

> >  Can  I force mythtv to somehow restart this gathering ?
> >  Or more generally: how is it done inside mythtv in the case of
> > getting this information only from EIT - is it received and filled
> > in continuously or only on a periodic basis ?
>
> There is an EIT log target for mythbackend which will provide more
> detailed messages (see mythbackend -v help).

Great, thanks. That already helps a lot to see what's going on.

> If active scanning is enabled, it occurs all the time in the
> background. Note that there have been some recent fixes to the
> 0.21-fixes branch for EIT scanning.

ok, I updated now to 0.21-19 openSuse 11.0 from 1 month ago, don't know
if this already includes your mentioned fixes, but at least after I
restarted the backend, I already see EIT entries again !! Great!

Thanks again.
--
Best regards/Schöne Grüße

Martin    ()  ascii ribbon campaign - against html mail