[mythtv-users] Setting configuration key/hostname from command line

Bill Williamson bill at bbqninja.com
Sat Jan 10 12:56:43 UTC 2009

I have a mythbox hooked up to a projector and an SDTV.  I use it for one OR
the other each time.  The settings for each setup are wildly different.
I've separated them thus far by using a custom identifier (theater-TV and
theater-PROJ) to keep settings apart (lots of myth settings differ to get
best picture).

Right now I have
-a mysql.txt for each one in ~/.mythtv that is identical apart from the
custom identifier line
-a shell script to start each "mode" (cp ~/.mythtv/mysql.txt.proj
~/.mythtv/mysql.txt; mythfrontend)

Is there a way to pass which identifier to use into mythfrontend?  It seems
like it'd be a much better way of doing so.  The man page mentions
overriding specific settings with a flag, but I couldn't get it to work fro
the master identifier (only for other specific settings).