[mythtv-users] Adding a HDHomerun

Walker zflyer at gmail.com
Sat Jan 10 03:59:39 UTC 2009

I'm about to add a new HDHomerun (hdhr) to my existing Mythtv setup
and would like a confirmation on what I believe are the correct next
steps to take.

I currently have MythTV 0.21, Comcast Digital Cable, a Motorola STB, a
single SchedulesDirect lineup, and a single PVR-150.  From what I've
read, I need to add the hdhr according to the wiki instructions
(http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/Silicondust_HDHomeRun), but
instead of creating a new schedulesdirect lineup I can use caching
support as described in the MythTV documentation (#24.4).  Is this
correct?

A few things I'm still unclear on:

1. In mythtv-setup, when adding the hdhr do I still need to scan for
available QAM-64 and QAM-256 channels?
2. If yes to 1, how do I map what I get from the hdhr (like channel
7.1, 7.2, etc) to the channels from my schedulesdirect lineup?

Thanks for any help.