[mythtv-users] Compiling hangs at x11colors.cpp

Brad Templeton brad+myth at templetons.com
Sat Jan 10 00:05:20 UTC 2009

Looking to upgrade to the lastest trunk version, I updated and started
compiling it -- but my compiles keep hanging at the file libmythui/x11colors.cpp

Hanging as the compiler just gets into an infinite loop and sits there
sucking CPU.   There is nothing remarkable about this file, it just
imports some qt4 stuff and has boring statements.  If I introduce a syntax
error into it, that is seen, so the hang is after parsing and analysing
the source and includes.

I am running gcc: 4:4.2.3-1ubuntu6
    libqt4-dev      4.4.0-1ubuntu5~hardy1

On Kunbuntu Hardy amd64.  I was using distcc but get the same problem
on a single system compile.

Any thoughts?  A google search shows another person who had compiler
crashes on this very file, but there was no resolution.

Any ideas on where to go next?