[mythtv-users] Boxee Linux Alpha Program is now public

Steven Adeff adeffs.mythtv at gmail.com
Fri Jan 9 21:41:09 UTC 2009

On Fri, Jan 9, 2009 at 1:35 AM, Steve Peters - Priority Electronics
<steve at priorityelectronics.com> wrote:

>>I'm going to install Ubuntu on my desktop machine and try it
>>out there.
>>If it works well enough it might be worth switching my main
>>Myth box to
>>Mythbuntu.
>>

> I got it working on mythbuntu today. Super simple I must say. Just add a
> repository and apt-get install boxee or something like that, and it worked
> no prob.
>
> My only issue is my remote doesn't work with it.
>
> Does anyone have some of the settings I can put in my lircrc file so my
> remote works with it? I have the newer mce remote.
> -Thanks
> -Steve

I'm having the same remote control issue, I'm running the Hardy deb
from their apt repo.
I've changed Lircmap.xml to look at what LIRC calls my remote but it
still doesn't respond. perhaps its because of the name of the remote?
All I know is the regular or advancedsettings log doesn't seem to show
anything in regards to lirc/remote.

of course I also can't get it to save sources (both internet and
local) between sessions, which is a bit of a pain.

and I can't even get it to get passed the initial connecting screen
after logging in on my Intrepid system...

from what I've been able to do on my Hardy system, the internet
sources work wonderfully. The interface is a bit clunky, not nearly as
nice as XBMC on my xbox or Myth, but usable, and of course being able
to watch hulu, etc. is pretty awesome.

--
Steve
http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/User:Steveadeff