[mythtv-users] CAM's with network recorder

Robert Johnston anaerin at gmail.com
Fri Jan 9 16:19:06 UTC 2009

2009/1/9 Torben Mikael Hansen <myth at linhard.dk>:
> Why is that? Too me, there doesn't seem to be anything illegal in that.
> At least according Danish law! I have payed to see these channels and
> have a card for my stb. It is however bound to the stb so I may be
> violating the contract with my isp though. However according to Danish
> law I'm entitled to break any encryption if neccessary for
> interoperability.

Unfortunately, this list is hosted and owned primarily in the US,
which has far less of an enlightened attitude towards copyright, with
it's draconian DMCA ensuring legitimate users cower in fear of their
provider's DRM choices.

Ergo, to appease the needs of the list owner, who has explicitly
stated on many occasions that this sort of discussion is not allowed
(As he doesn't want to get sued into oblivion by the MAFIAA), let's
stop the conversation (That doesn't relate to US-legal CI card
systems) here.
--
Robert "Anaerin" Johnston