[mythtv-users] video playback fails

Nicholas Magers Nicholas.Magers at lands.nsw.gov.au
Fri Jan 9 03:22:06 UTC 2009

On two computers I have the issue when I attempt to play a video I just
get loading on the screen that stays there until I cntrl-c on the
command line to kill mythfrontend.

Here is the output from the log of what I can see as the relevant
output.

Any help would be appreciated.

Playing /mnt/store/movies/kids/All Dogs Go To Heaven - DVDRip.avi.

AVI file format detected.

[aviheader] Video stream found, -vid 0

[aviheader] Audio stream found, -aid 1

VIDEO:  [XVID]  640x480  24bpp  23.976 fps  898.8 kbps (109.7 kbyte/s)

Xlib:  extension "XFree86-VidModeExtension" missing on display ":11.0".

Xlib:  extension "XVideo" missing on display ":11.0".

[VO_XV] Sorry, Xv not supported by this X11 version/driver

[VO_XV] ******** Try with  -vo x11  or  -vo sdl  *********

Error opening/initializing the selected video_out (-vo) device.

==

Opening audio decoder: [liba52] AC3 decoding with liba52

Using SSE optimized IMDCT transform

Using MMX optimized resampler

AUDIO: 48000 Hz, 2 ch, s16le, 192.0 kbit/12.50% (ratio: 24000->192000)

Selected audio codec: [a52] afm: liba52 (AC3-liba52)

==

AO: [alsa] 48000Hz 2ch s16le (2 bytes per sample)

Video: no video

Starting playback...

MPlayer interrupted by signal 2 in module: play_audio

Exiting... (Quit)

This message is intended for the addressee named and may contain confidential information. If you are not the intended recipient, please delete it and notify the sender. Views expressed in this message are those of the individual sender, and are not necessarily the views of the Department of  Lands. This email message has been swept by MIMEsweeper for the presence of computer viruses.