[mythtv-users] Boxee Linux Alpha Program is now public

jarpublic at gmail.com jarpublic at gmail.com
Thu Jan 8 21:07:29 UTC 2009

On Thu, Jan 8, 2009 at 3:58 PM, Brent Norris <brent at brentnorris.net> wrote:

> Kevin Kuphal wrote:
> > Yes.  AFAIK, it was the only way to do it because they don't have
> > packages for non-buntu installs.  It failed utterly.
> >
> > Kevin
>
> Has anyone tried Alien on the deb to convert it to rpm?

It is an alpha build and currently Boxee explicitly only states that it is
only for Ubuntu. However, if you look over in the Boxee linux forums there
are lots of people trying to compile for various other distros like opensuse
and centos. I don't know which have been successful but that would be a good
place to see if anybody has had progress with other distros.