[mythtv-users] Network boot

Brad Benson bbenso1 at gmail.com
Thu Jan 8 18:26:09 UTC 2009

On Thu, Jan 8, 2009 at 12:38 PM, mythtv at blandford.net
<mythtv at blandford.net>wrote:

> Another thing that works well for me is to network boot AND get
> suspend/resume to work.
>
> I am using minimyth on my diskless frontend.  It mounts its filesystems
> via NFS.
>
> I am also using a MCE IR receiver.  With it, I can suspend and resume
> from the remote.

I have this exact same setup, but I am running the frontend under FC8
instead of minimyth.  I was never able to get FC8 to correctly
suspend/resume on the network booting client.  In fact, I'm currently in the
process of changing that frontend over to CentOS 5.2 and I'd like to revisit
the suspend/resume issue when I do this.

How are you doing this?  Are you writing the suspend image to a local disk
on the netbooting machine?  CF card maybe?  My machine is currently
diskless, but I have a CF card and IDE->CF adapter that I could use if
that's what I need to do.

Brad