[mythtv-users] Network boot

Travis Tabbal travis at tabbal.net
Thu Jan 8 15:45:46 UTC 2009

I tried network booting and performance was fine. My problem was that I
couldn't get the NVidia drivers installed. I kept getting errors after
rebooting. I finally gave up on it and stuck a $20 USB stick in there and
booted the Mythbuntu install CD. Works great now. Still a few quirks to work
out, but nothing major. The USB drive is from Newegg, 8GB OCZ "dual channel"
device. It's fast, silent, and works very well. I'm only using about 2GB,
but it's always nice to have room to grow.

I was using an older version of Mythbuntu for the netboot, so it's possible
the newer versions work better.