[mythtv-users] Help: moving from composite to component - No X

Nick Morrott knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Thu Jan 8 02:00:30 UTC 2009

On 04/01/2009, Brad Fuller <bradallenfuller at gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm trying to change xorg.conf so that I can use the component out of
>  the Apple TV. I
>  had composite, and it worked fine. Now I want to reconfigure but X
>  won't start and I get the xorg error:
>
>  (EE) Screen(s) found, but none have a usable configuration.
>
>  after I changed to:
>  #    Option         "TVOutFormat" "COMPOSITE"
>    Option         "TVOutFormat: "COMPONENT

Do you know there is an error in the second line? It should be:

Option         "TVOutFormat" "COMPONENT"

You'll still need the following line too if it isn't present.

Option "ConnectedMonitor" "TV"

What screen resolution are you wanting to display at? 480i (720x480) or higher?

HTH,
Nick

--
Nick Morrott