[mythtv-users] DVD recognized as MEDIATYPE_DATA instead of MEDIATYPE_DVD

Ma Begaj derliebegott at gmail.com
Wed Jan 7 22:34:13 UTC 2009

hi,

I disabled watching of DVD drive long time ago because MythTv would
recognize DVD as unknown type or data type.
That would start MythGallery every time I inserted DVD and Mythgallery
is useless in this case.

2nd reason for disabling this feature was because Myhtfrontend was
filling my logs with this line once per second:
/dev/cdrom Disk OK, type = MEDIATYPE_DATA

I enabled this feature again today and I now rung mythfrontend with
"-v general,nomedia" to disable writing this message to the logs. Is
this line from above the usual behavior (writing it once per second)?
I tried changing it to /dev/hdc but it did not help.

The problem with unrecognized DVDs is still unsolved. I am using 0.21-fixes.
Do you have any idea why are DVDs being not identified? Should I maybe
try to upgrade libdvdread or whatever is responsible for this?

Thanks