[mythtv-users] MythDora 10.21 Released

Ryan Pisani mythtv at frouse3.homelinux.com
Wed Jan 7 21:59:16 UTC 2009

Release links available @ http://www.mythdora.com

MythDora 10.21 has arrived. That's right we've jumped ahead a few versions
to catch us up with our Fedora baseline. The intent is that going forward
we'll release versions in-line with current Fedora versions.

There are some major changes for us in this release. We've moved away from
the Xdialog installer and into a single firefox configuration for the
initial system setup. This same setup can be called via the MythDora Tools
menu for a variety of features and for further maintenance as you use your
system.

You will also notice we now offer I386 and X86_64 versions with LIVECDs of
each.

Please read the release notes below for the highlights in this release.

Version 10.21 Highlights:
Based on Fedora 10
kernel-2.6.27.9-159.fc10
MythTV 0.21, with the latest svn fixes and default settings customized for
MythDora
Entirely new browser based setup for MythDora customizations
i386, x86_64 DVD and LiveCD versions available
IMDB Bulk Updater 1.14 with menu & cron executable
Custom installation and auto installation options available
MythTV service account name now configurable
Enhanced management of remotes, receivers, and blasters
DVD version includes Gnome, KDE, XfCE4, and Ratpoison window managers
LiveCD version uses XFCE4 by Default
LiveCD can be used as mythfrontend to existing MythDora 5.0 installation
Ability to choose which mythfrontend,mythtv, or mythwelcome at login time
Tons of different game emulators (Don't ask us how to use them)
Latest nVidia & nVidia Legacy drivers.
Latest OpenChrome video drivers.
Latest ivtv drivers, including X driver for the PVR-350.
K9copy (DVD shrink for Linux)
HandBrake (user-friendly graphical video transcoder)
Nuvexport
Up-to-date video4linux drivers