[mythtv-users] The death blow to DRM has arrived

Eric Sharkey eric at lisaneric.org
Wed Jan 7 20:47:53 UTC 2009

On Wed, Jan 7, 2009 at 2:55 PM, Simon Hobson <linux at thehobsons.co.uk> wrote:
> But don't forget that IIRC the law has also changed in many places.
> The same bunch of ******* that inflicted the DRM on HD disks have
> also managed to make it a criminal offense to even possess tools to
> watch the disks in some places - let alone create and distribute them.

Then call it civil disobedience.

I follow my own moral code here.  I don't pirate discs, I don't
download from the pirate bay/P2P/etc., I don't hand out copies.  I pay
money to a retailer, buy a physical copy, and use that copy as I see
fit in my own home, and I sleep well at night having done so.

I'm not exactly Rosa Parks, but I feel I'm acting morally here, and
I'm willing to face any (unlikely) consequences.

Who's with me?

Eric Sharkey