[mythtv-users] How do I switch from imdb to tmdb?

Rob Pimentel robpimentel at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 7 20:17:30 UTC 2009

> How do I install xml:parser and xml:simple? This is
> starting to be more than
> I bargained for. I thought it could just run this script,
> but I guess
> there's more to it.

I believe the script (not unlike other scripts) has some dependencies. See the 'use' statements in tmdb.pl.

Do you have Perl set up to use CPAN?
http://www.cpan.org/misc/cpan-faq.html#How_install_Perl_modules

If not, just download the tarballs directly from search.cpan.org. You extract (e.g. tar xvf tarballname) the contents to a folder, run perl Makefile.pl, make, make test, then su and run make install. The instructions should be in the README when you extract the contents of the tarball. They were both very easy to install, and took about 10 minutes total.

Thanks,
pimy