[mythtv-users] Myth fill database only fills one day of recordings

Quinten Steenhuis q.steenhuis at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 7 18:57:55 UTC 2009

> > Hi,
> >
> > I'm new to MythTV. When I run Mythfilldatabase --update-all, it
> > appears to download 2 weeks of recordings, but when I return to
> > MythFrontend, only 1 day of schedules is present. Any ideas as to
> > where I should be looking to fix this? I've tried turning on
> > "automatically run mythfilldatabase", and run the command manually
> > several times.
>
> Can you please describe where you see only 1 day of schedules?
> If this is actually the problem, make sure EIT scanning is off on
> those sources that are using schedules direct.

Okay, I had turned on EIT scanning. I didn't realize that the two couldn't be combined. I will try that and see if it fixes the problem tonight, thank you.

I noticed the problem when browsing the guide, trying to search for recordings in the future, and when going to Information Center/Status in MythFrontend. I ran mythfilldatabase on the commandline, and saw that it was downloading data for more than just one day.