[mythtv-users] How do I switch from imdb to tmdb?

Steve Peters - Priority Electronics steve at priorityelectronics.com
Wed Jan 7 17:50:42 UTC 2009

>Thanks. I found the settings under
>Utilities/Setup->Setup->Media Settings->Video
>Settings->General Settings
>
>Screen #4
>
>Command to search for movie listings
>
>Original value:
>/usr/local/share/mythtv/mythvideo/scripts/imdb.pl -M tv=no;video=no
>
>New value:
>/usr/local/share/mythtv/mythvideo/scripts/tmdb.pl -M
>
>Command to search for movie posters
>
>Original value:
>/usr/local/share/mythtv/mythvideo/scripts/imdb.pl -P
>
>New value:
>/usr/local/share/mythtv/mythvideo/scripts/tmdb.pl -P
>
>Command to extract data for movies
>
>Original value:
>/usr/local/share/mythtv/mythvideo/scripts/imdb.pl -D
>
>New value:
>/usr/local/share/mythtv/mythvideo/scripts/tmdb.pl -D
>

>> Just replacing the command doesn't seem to work for
>> me...did it work for
>> anyone else?
>> -steve
>>

>I ran a search and it worked fine. Although. the plot info is
>still not being downloaded, but I had that problem with imdb.
>
>I did have to do a few other things before it worked.
>
>1) I had to copy the Mythtv directory and it's contents to the
>scripts folder. I originally checked out that folder, but
>dumped it to a temp folder and only copied over tmdb.pl. If
>you checked out the scripts folder, you should have it.
>
>2) I had to install XML:Parser, and XML:Simple.
>
>When you do a perl -c tmdb.pl do you receive any errors?
>
>Thanks,
>pimy

How do I install xml:parser and xml:simple? This is starting to be more than
I bargained for. I thought it could just run this script, but I guess
there's more to it.

"I had to copy the Mythtv directory and it's contents to the scripts folder"
----specifically, which mythtv directory did you have to copy? What files
were in that directory?

Also, if tmdb.pl doesn't get the plot info, I don't see the point. I get the
plot info with my imdb.pl, but it just doesn't get the user ratings. I was
hoping tmdb.pl would do that.
-Thanks
-Steve