[mythtv-users] VDPAU Current Status Report

Mitch Gore mitchell.gore at gmail.com
Wed Jan 7 15:05:46 UTC 2009

Hello,

On my dev box I puchased the Sparkle 8400 PCI to try out vdpau.  I am
somewhat disappointed.  It seem to have all kinds of kwirks just like
XvMC does.  Hos anyone gotten reliable playback in MythTV yet?
Mplayer seems rock solid.

Here is my list or problems.

1.  De-interlacing doesnt work, most options result in prebuffering
pauses.  Only one that somewhat works is Advanced 2x but the video is
still jerky.

2. Some times when started a video it wont start at all or I get a
black screen with sound only.

3.  Screen flickers alot before it does play.

Now, yes i relize I am using beta drivers with dev software but i
thought from other reports it was somewhat usable.  Any one have
solutions to the above?

Driver ver 180.18
MythTV r19580

Thanks,