[mythtv-users] Best way to deploy mythtv

Brad DerManouelian myth at dermanouelian.com
Wed Jan 7 14:41:50 UTC 2009

On Jan 7, 2009, at 1:02 AM, Xavier Hervy wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am compiling mythtv from trunk (and apply few patches).
> I would like to build it only once and install it on 3 computers (1
> FE/BE + 2 FE) and I am using Ubuntu 8.04.
> Unfortunately trunk/packaging/deb/ is empty.
>
> So my question is, what is the best way to do this ?

Try using checkinstall. I know it builds .deb packages for you but I
haven't tried deploying these on another machine so I don't know for a
fact that it will work, but from what I understand it should.

It's documented here:
http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/Installing_MythTV_SVN_on_Ubuntu_Breezy#How_do_I_compile_the_source_code.3F
Look at "Second option- use checkinstall to create and install a .deb
package"

-Brad