[mythtv-users] The death blow to DRM has arrived

Brad DerManouelian myth at dermanouelian.com
Wed Jan 7 14:36:53 UTC 2009

On Jan 7, 2009, at 3:15 AM, William wrote:

> One way would be to visit the Pi*****Bay site and use P2P. Not that
> I am
> suggesting anything improper but you bought the rights to listen to
> that
> song and in my non lawyer mind a song file is a song file.

Clearly you are not a lawyer. When you bought the song, you bought it
with the terms that came with that song which include the DRM that you
agreed to. Your purchase did not include allowing you to listen to the
same song without DRM regardless of its source.

> Warning!!! - Downloading free songs can be addictive and may be
> illegal
> in your area!!

It is definitely illegal in the area where this list is kept so please
let the conversation about it end immediately.