[mythtv-users] Australian components

Gareth Glaccum gareth.glaccum at btopenworld.com
Wed Jan 7 12:58:30 UTC 2009

________________________________
From: John Finlay <finlay at moeraki.com>
 I hear some router dhcp
can't provide the next-server directive which is a problem but I haven't
tried using a router dhcp.
-------

Yes, that was the problem I had with my router. So I set up two VLANs on my switch. One side is plugged into the router, server (mythbackend), and workstations that would like to have standard DHCP from the router. On the other side, I have the same server (mythbackend) running a dhcp and NFS/PXE setup, with my diskless mythfrontends plugged in. For anything like simple web-browsing from the mythfrontends (rare), the server does NAT to send the data through to the router.