[mythtv-users] mythbackend still eats memory: the current status

Steve Daniels steve.p.daniels at googlemail.com
Wed Jan 7 09:02:37 UTC 2009

2009/1/5 Udo van den Heuvel <udovdh at xs4all.nl>

> Greg Estabrooks wrote:
> > [SNIP]
> >> PS2: Is there a way to run a virtual environment with virtual tuners and
> >> virtual signals for MythTV's virtual tuners? (my other box can do
> >> VirtualBox etc)
> >
> >  If you have another box with a bigger CPU capable of running your
> > virtual then why not temporarily move your tuners/drives from the
> > slow machine to that one. Use valgrind on a clean unpatched build
> > and let it run a couple days to get the logs. Or is that too much trouble?
>
> I don't want to disrupt the current setup.
> Not much trouble physically, but causing other dependencies w.r.t.
> emulating the same environment as on the EN12000 perhaps?

That's all right, since it's a general problem (which you stated in a
later post) you won't need to emulate the EN12000 environment, plus
you've already said that valgrind didn't work on the EN12000 - Have
you tried a different distro/fresh install to eliminate a
configuration quirk of your current system that is causing valgrind
not to work?

So now all you need to do mirror your MythTV configuration off the
EN12000 onto your other box then setup valgrind and watch for the
leaks :-) That seems to be the most expedient thing to do - or just
wait patiently for someone else to do just that instead of you.

Good luck :-)

> Udo

Steve Daniels