[mythtv-users] DViCO FusionHDTV5 Gold - getting both analog and digital tuners working at same time

Bob Shanteau rmshant at gmail.com
Wed Jan 7 06:30:54 UTC 2009

Sam Logen wrote:
> Hi Bob, I've been trying to use a Dvico FusionHDTV 5 RT Gold card for awhile for both my digital and analog broadcasts (through Comcast in CA). Digital channels, both standard and HDTV, very rarely come in clear.

It looks like the software and driver people at DViCO are not very
competent. I plan to sell the card on eBay and buy one from a better
company.

> Since then, I installed a PVR-150 for analog channels and never looked back. Now I'm thinking of replacing the Dvico card with the new HVR-1600. The drivers are still in a very early stage with this card, but the company that makes the card is supporting the developers of this driver.

If I want to stay with cable to get HDTV, I will still need a QAM
capture card. I thought that Hauppauge had stopped making QAM cards, but
I see now that they have several. The WinTV-HVR-1250 PCI Express TV
hybrid tuner <http://hauppauge.com/site/products/data_hvr1250.html>
looks promising and is only $65 on eBay. My motherboard supports PCI
Express, but do you have any idea if Linux and MythTV support it?

Bob Shanteau