[mythtv-users] MythBrowser and page width

Craig Sanders cas at taz.net.au
Wed Jan 7 03:34:41 UTC 2009

On Tue, Jan 06, 2009 at 02:08:47PM +0000, Paul Mason wrote:
> I use this Greasemonkey script with Firefox to get fixed width sites to
> expand to the full width of the browser:
>
> http://craig.copi.org/greasemonkey/

another alternative is the Stylish plugin from http://userstyles.org/

it's simpler and easier to use than greasemonkey if all you want to do
is customise CSS style sheets for sites.

mostly what i Stylish it for is to get rid of stupid fixed-width
columns in web sites designed by retards who don't understand
the web, in particular that the web isn't just for IE
running on Windows on 1024x768 screen.  I also use it to
adjust font-sizes.  I ranted about it here last year:

http://taz.net.au/blog/2008/05/07/fixed-width-style-sheets-suck/

oh, one other thing. the Web Developer and Firebug plugins are also
useful. Firebug especially is useful to experiment and figure out what
changes you need to make in Stylish, because it lets you interactively
change CSS settings and see the result immediately. when you've got it
right, then make a style in Stylish for that site to make your changes
permanent.

craig

--
craig sanders <cas at taz.net.au>