[mythtv-users] Schedules Direct, Google checkout and credit checks

Brian Wood beww at beww.org
Wed Jan 7 02:20:33 UTC 2009

On Tuesday 06 January 2009 18:03:02 lanas wrote:

> Some consumer organizations even tell people not to give their phone
> numbers when they return merchandise to a store.  Indeed, why would
> they need a phone number.  Ho harm done, but why give it when it's not
> needed ?  So on so forth.

The local Lowes always asks me for a phone number. I asked them why they want
that, and they told me it was in case I wanted a refund and didn't have my
receipt.

I suggested that if me or anyone else asks for a refund and doesn't have a
recipt they simply say "no".

I once gave them 800-555-1212, and the clerk dutifully entered it. Neither the
clerk or her computer seemed to have a problem with that number, so I give it
to them every time they ask.

--
beww
beww at beww.org