[mythtv-users] How to disable on screen messages while watching tv/videos?

William william_munson at comcast.net
Tue Jan 6 22:20:35 UTC 2009

Brad DerManouelian wrote:
> On Jan 6, 2009, at 1:41 PM, William wrote:
>

>> I asked this before on both this and the dev list last week but got no
>> answers so I will try again....
>>
>> Is there a way to disable the messages that get superimposed on the
>> video like the commercial skip notifications? I already compile from
>> source and have no issues with patching the code. (Already do for
>> another issue.)  Or if there is a database hack that would work too.
>>

> You got a response that if you turn off OSD fade you will probably
> avoid the problem you're experiencing when the OSD appears/disappears.
> Did you try that?
> The short answer it no, there is no existing patch that turns it off
> in the way that you're asking.
>
> -Brad

Hi Brad,

For some reason I did not see that answer. OSD fade is already off. This
is really only a HD issue since I have to use xvmc. I can dig into the
code and find the line that displays the pop-up and disable it in code
however I have not had any luck finding that bit of code yet. C++ is not
my strong suite. Do you know the name of the file that handles that task?

Thanks,
Bill