[mythtv-users] Hulu Integration?

steve sfreilly at roadrunner.com
Tue Jan 6 22:20:06 UTC 2009

Nick F wrote:
> On Mon, Jan 5, 2009 at 2:59 PM, Brad DerManouelian
> <myth at dermanouelian.com <mailto:myth at dermanouelian.com>> wrote:
>
>     > I leave the frontend running and I added an item to the main menu to
>     > launch boxee. Select it and use boxee normally with my remote and exit
>     > when I'm done - then I'm back in the frontend. Even my 11 year old can
>     > do it. :)
>     By the way, I figured out how to do that by going here:
>     http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/Menu_theme_development_guide
>
>     So I added this to mainmenu.xml:
>        <button>
>           <type>TV_WATCH_RECORDINGS</type>
>           <text>Launch Boxee</text>
>           <action>EXEC /opt/boxee/run-boxee-desktop</action>
>        </button>
>

> Wow - thanks.  That was easy!
>
> And - without me doing anything special to set it up - boxee understood
> my Microsoft MCE remote and happily worked with it, and exit took me
> straight back to Myth.  Boxee is really slick - love that user
> interface, and now being embedded into myth and working with the remote
> - it's almost like it's part of the same package!

you know i tried that last night too, and all i got was a flashing
screen like it was going to start but didnt.  close myth, and it opens
no problem.  doesnt myth use opengl or something like that and boxee as
well, only one can use it at once?  stab in the dark here...lol, anyway
i googled and only found one instance of the same problem, and noone
answered the post.  so if anyones got a pointer would be appreciated.
thanks!

--
Steve Reilly

http://reillyblog.com