[mythtv-users] Schedules Direct, Google checkout and credit checks

Brian Wood beww at beww.org
Tue Jan 6 18:08:39 UTC 2009

On Tuesday 06 January 2009 11:06:18 ryan patterson wrote:
> On Tue, Jan 6, 2009 at 8:38 AM,  <jarpublic at gmail.com> wrote:
> > On Tue, Jan 6, 2009 at 7:36 AM, steve <sfreilly at roadrunner.com> wrote:
> >> i wouldnt worry about it.  without a ss# they cant do a hard inquiry.
> >
> > They can't even do a soft inquiry without a ssn.
>
> You do not need a social security number to do a credit check.  A name
> and address work just fine.

I once actually paid for a "background check" on myself through the internet
(I think it was around $35). It was pretty scary all of the info they came up
with. Nothing bad, but just none of anyone's business, IMHO. They had old
addresses and phone numbers for me that I had forgotten, even a cell phone
number from around 1982.

I didn't have to give an SSN for this purpose.

--
beww
beww at beww.org