[mythtv-users] long delays responding to keystrokes and ir events

Leonard Bottleman leonard at whiteweasel.net
Tue Jan 6 16:55:07 UTC 2009

I only receive terrestrial channels (maybe 20 total) and see this issue.
I got rid of almost all cases of ir and keyboard lag from the program
guide by disabling the EIT scan option.

I still get this behavior whenever I bring up the program guide on two specific
channels (both broadcast just standard definition). Oddly enough other local
SD channels do not cause this issue, and none of the HD channels do.

Like others have reported before, it feels like something is hogging the CPU,
but I can log in remotely via ssh and see that there is 30% to 50% cpu idle
time when these delays are occurring, and all the commands I run via the
ssh session have no delays or lag.

I'm running mythbuntu 2.1:

MythTV Version   : 19538
MythTV Branch    : branches/release-0-21-fixes
Library API      : 0.21.20080304-1