[mythtv-users] Internal player can't play my mkv files

Noah Markon nmarkon at gmail.com
Tue Jan 6 16:52:35 UTC 2009

> I have some extra drive space now and I was wanting to start ripping some of
> my dvds. What handbrake preset have you found works well with mythtv?

For some reason the only presets that I could get to play back
smoothly were: Tele, Anim, and the Constant Quality Rate. Actually now
that I think about it, a couple others would play back ok, but didn't
look as nice. I use the CQR to encode DVDs, and tele to encode series
DVDs. However the CQR files can get large, so I drop the rate down a
bit to 56-59%.