[mythtv-users] How to force interlace mode

Brad DerManouelian myth at dermanouelian.com
Tue Jan 6 16:08:10 UTC 2009

On Jan 6, 2009, at 8:05 AM, mat wrote:

> Hi there folks,
>
> I watch TV on my Acer Aspire One all the time now and it godamn
> rocks. The
> only gripe I have is that due to the interlace mode I see a single
> blue
> line at the top and bottom of the display. This dissapears if I change
> video scan setting to progressive (or off progressive, I forget
> which one
> - I change it basically). So:

Are you using XvMC? From this page:

http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/XvMC

Enabling the UseEvents option can sometimes bring out an issue with
the nvidia driver resulting in a blue line around the screen. To fix
this simply run the following somewhere during your Xorg startup:
xvattr -a XV_COLORKEY -v 66048