[mythtv-users] Hulu Integration?

Nick F nikos.f at gmail.com
Tue Jan 6 15:47:45 UTC 2009

On Mon, Jan 5, 2009 at 2:59 PM, Brad DerManouelian
<myth at dermanouelian.com>wrote:

> > I leave the frontend running and I added an item to the main menu to
> > launch boxee. Select it and use boxee normally with my remote and exit
> > when I'm done - then I'm back in the frontend. Even my 11 year old can
> > do it. :)
> By the way, I figured out how to do that by going here:
> http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/Menu_theme_development_guide
>
> So I added this to mainmenu.xml:
>    <button>
>       <type>TV_WATCH_RECORDINGS</type>
>       <text>Launch Boxee</text>
>       <action>EXEC /opt/boxee/run-boxee-desktop</action>
>    </button>

Wow - thanks.  That was easy!

And - without me doing anything special to set it up - boxee understood my
Microsoft MCE remote and happily worked with it, and exit took me straight
back to Myth.  Boxee is really slick - love that user interface, and now
being embedded into myth and working with the remote - it's almost like it's
part of the same package!