[mythtv-users] long delays responding to keystrokes and ir events

nospam312 nospam312 at gmail.com
Tue Jan 6 15:06:54 UTC 2009

> I recently updated to build 19538 that is available in the mythbuntu
> repository, and I am still having the same issue. The only other suggestion
> I have seen was to enable the "UseEvents" option in my xorg.conf file. But
> that didn't seem to fix things for me. I am still frequently getting delays
> of 20 or 30 seconds with no response and then everything starts working
> smoothly again.

Not much help but the delays I was having with the previous build seem
to have been solved for me so far but I have not been using this
release for long so I may not have noticed.

Check mythbackend --version and in the Status menu of mythfrontend to
ensure you are actually using the latest build.

Try adding the CPU usage applet to the taskbar at the top, widen it
out to 300 pixels or so and set to 1 second delay giving a 5 minute
history.  Use Myth for a bit and exit and see what your CPU usage is
doing - is it hitting 100% for these 20/30 seconds of no response?