[mythtv-users] Schedules Direct, Google checkout and credit checks

jarpublic at gmail.com jarpublic at gmail.com
Tue Jan 6 13:38:23 UTC 2009

On Tue, Jan 6, 2009 at 7:36 AM, steve <sfreilly at roadrunner.com> wrote:

> lanas wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> >   I was just about to subscribe for a year to Schedules Direct when I
> > started to read the terms of utilization of the Google Checkout thing
> > that Schedules Direct is using.  In which terms we find that Google
> > can run periodically credit checks on the user to verify if the user
> > can still use their service.
> >
> >   I don't think that Amazon runs credit checks on their customers.  I
> > don't think that any other store does.  Hell, I'm not borrowing money,
> > this is buying something.  Either the credit card works or does not.
> > Either I pay my credit card bill or I don't.  This is my problem, not
> > theirs. I think they're getting too far by allowing to run credit
> > checks in their terms of use.
> >
> >   So, is there any alternative to Schedules Direct that would have a
> > more customer-friendly approach to paying ?
> >

> i wouldnt worry about it.  without a ss# they cant do a hard inquiry.

They can't even do a soft inquiry without a ssn. This just seems like a poor
choice of words on their part. They don't have a enough information to make
an inquiry with the credit bureaus. They only have a billing address and
your normal credit card info. I believe this line is referring to them
checking if the credit card is still valid. Most merchants can do a
pre-authorization check to see if the card will work.