[mythtv-users] MythBrowser and page width

Paul Harrison mythtv at sky.com
Tue Jan 6 11:21:29 UTC 2009

James Klaas wrote:
> I did a Google search (which I hope would also search myth-users
> mailing list) on how to change the page width displayed in
> MythBrowser.  Right now, it's set to a 4:3 aspect ratio, but, since I
> got a HDTV with a 16:9 aspect ratio, there's a lot of screen not being
> used.  Is there a way to change it so it uses the whole width of the
> screen?
>
> James

MythBrowser works just like any other web browser in this respect. It
depends on the web page you are viewing. Some pages reformat themselves
to make use of the available width others are  designed to only look
good at a fixed  width,  often 800 pixel wide, and leave the remaining
space blank. I agree it can be annoying if you have a 1920 x 1024 HDTV
and the web page you are viewing insists on only using a small part of
it but I don't think there is anything that can be done :-(

Paul H.