[mythtv-users] Hulu Integration?

Simon Hobson linux at thehobsons.co.uk
Mon Jan 5 23:23:26 UTC 2009

Jonno wrote:

>I've been thinking about this some more and it seems the whole tv
>landscape might change very quickly in 2009.
>Hulu is only one site. There is also Amazon Video On Demand, Netflix
>Streaming and the BBC iPlayer (wishing I was based in the UK).

IIRC, BBC, ITV, and Channel 4 had a plan to collaborate on a common
system for providing media over the internet - at present they (and
other channels like Five) have their own different and incompatible
systems.

Our competition people squashed that on the basis that it would
stifle competition.
http://www.theregister.co.uk/2008/12/03/project_kangaroo/

Notice Sky complained ! Sky complaining about lack of competition,
very much Pot Kettle, and a dark colour !

Still, another collaboration got announced, this time going for openness.
http://www.theregister.co.uk/2008/12/11/bbc_bt_itv_jump_start_open_kangaroo/

--
Simon Hobson