[mythtv-users] Commflag - Logo detection position

jarpublic at gmail.com jarpublic at gmail.com
Mon Jan 5 18:10:21 UTC 2009

> Brian is right, this is PR.  I didn't knew the name of "network own
> advertisement".  Those are adds of other shows that play on that
> network, and produced by the network.  But the logo doesn't appears
> where it is during the show, it is shown in another corner, that's why I
> was asking if there was a way to limit the scan to a portion of the
> screen.  But as Brad says, it seems there is no such option.
>
> Is there any suggestion to by-pass promo with humain interaction ? (I
> presume it would be hard to do automagicly, but I risk to ask
> anyway ;) )

Are you sure it is the actually network logo that is confusing the
commercial skipping and not the tv rating logo (US only issue, I believe)? I
admittedly know very little about the commercial skipping algorithms. But in
my experience it seems that the logo detection picks up on the little
tv-ratings box in the upper left hand corner. Recently they seem to overlay
the ratings box on top of promos for other shows during the commercial
breaks. It looks the same as when the rating is briefly flashed when the
show comes back on. When comm skip makes a mistake it is often right when
the ratings logo is displayed.