[mythtv-users] Commflag - Logo detection position

Brian Wood beww at beww.org
Mon Jan 5 17:47:01 UTC 2009

On Monday 05 January 2009 10:10:36 Brad DerManouelian wrote:
> On Jan 5, 2009, at 8:56 AM, Alexandre Gagné wrote:
> > Hi !
> >
> >  For commercial flagging, I had some success with "all
> > method" (including logo detection), but my problem is that sometime,
> > there is a commercial with the channel logo, but in a different corner
> > (like to advertise that it's from that network, the logo appears on
> > the
> > imagine somewhere).
> >
> >  My question is, is there a way to make the "logo detection" checks
> > only in a specific corner ?  In my case, I need the detection to look
> > only in the lower right corner of the image, any other place would be
> > "false positive".  The only time I have commercial "unflagged" is when
> > the logo appears on the left side.
>
> No, there is no such option.

Just a note:

The network would never put a logo on commercial material (the advertiser is
paying for the entire screen, and won't share it). Notice that even CNN drops
their "crawl" during commercials.

The material you are talking about is "promotional", or otherwise belongs to
the network. It is not "advertising" as far as the FCC is concerned, and is
logged as "PR" (promo) and not "CA" (commercial announcement).

So the commflagger is actually doing its job correctly, in identifying CA
material. The problem is that you do not want to watch PR stuff either, but
that's another issue.

--
beww
beww at beww.org